The Vegan Kind Beauty Box
Beauty Box #24 The October/November Edition
Welcome to Entirely Beauty if you’re new here, and if you’ve visited before, welcome back! I hope you’re well and ready for a beauty subscription unboxing. Can I be nosey? 😉 I’d love to know what sub boxes you’re loving at the moment so please drop me a comment and, just in case you decide to give this one a go I’ll link The Vegan Kind below.
The Vegan Kind Beauty Box is, as the name suggests, bursting with makeup and skincare that is vegan and cruelty free, so it’s “Feel Good Beauty. I’m not a Vegan, but I do advocate cruelty free products, so I have been subscribed to The Vegan Kind for a while now. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy receiving this bi-monthly box, but I’ve been introduced to a range of products by companies I hadn’t previously come across. A Vegan Kind beauty box subscription starts from £12.95; you can pay per box or opt for a 6 or 12 month subscription (which reduces the price you pay) The box usually includes 5 or 6 beauty products, it’ll hit your doorstep around the 10th of the month (1 box every 2 months) and there is, at time of writing, a special offer entitling new subscribers to £5 off their first box! As well as the Beauty Box, The Vegan Kind also offer a (Vegan) Lifestyle Box (from £8). You can subscribe to both boxes and you can also do a gift subscription for a friend or family member. The Vegan Kind have their own, on line, Vegan Supermarket too. The Oct/Nov edition, was, to quote VK “packed with a whole lot of kindness”, had an overall value of over £45, and here is my guide to what was inside.
- Memi Make Up Lash to Lash Mascara- £10 (Full Size). Not a brand I am familiar with, but it promises to lengthen and define lashes. It has a tapered wand, claims not to flake and is, apparently, water and smudge resistant. I think I might pull this into December’s Shopped My Stash (Make Up) so I can give you a full review, because it does sounds promising! (For October’s Shopped My Stash and my thoughts on the products I tested for 4 weeks click here)
- Feather & Down Sweet Dreams Pillow Spray – £3.50 (50ml). According to TVK this spray was tried and tested on over 100 people for one month and 83% agreed that they fell asleep quicker than normally did. I have tried this and have to agree, the mix of lavender and chamomile is wonderfully relaxing, and induced a good night’s sleep.
- Green People Age Defy+ Soft Buff Exfoliator – £9 (10ml). Another brand I hadn’t hear of before, but this is a powerful, 3-way exfoliator, enriched with 24 enhancing “actives”, all of which will, according to the company, make you youthful, whilst increasing the penatration of your other ski routine products. I haven’t used this as yet, but I have smelt it and the Neroli, Orange, Chamomile and Mandarin combine to offer a lovely, but organic, fragrance.
- Sukin Signature Foaming Facial Cleanser – £3.99 (50ml). I have used this before and am currently testing in readiness for my ‘Shopped My Stash – Skin Care, Nov. I don’t want to give anything away, so, you’ll have to come back and read how I got on with this gel cleanser, and whether it does actually remove make up, soothe, tighten and if it left my skin feeling ‘silky smooth’ as Sukin claims it will. 😉
- Dr Botanicals Lemon Butter All In One Rescue Butter – £14.95. This moisturising/treatment Butter has 96% natural formulation, to rejuvenate, renew and invigorate your skin. I have tried a few Dr Botanicals products and really liked them, so I was thrilled to see this in the box, as it’s one I haven’t tried yet. I am looking forward to testing this one during December too – hopefully It’ll give me happy holiday skin!
- Oh K! Chok Chok Quartz Gemstone Slice Mask – £5. (8 Mini Masks) Oh K! Is a range of Korean Face Masks (part of the phenomenon that is K Beauty) that I have used and loved previously, so again, I was pleased to discover the Chok Chok in my Vegan Kind box. I’m planning on using these masks (the pack contains 8 gemstone shaped mini masks that you can use to target specific areas of your face, which is quite a novel idea) this week, so this product will feature in my November Empties, when I’ll let you know if the gogi berry and algae extract revives my skin and eliminates those pesky toxins! (To see what I enjoyed and used up last month please go to My October Empties )
Overall, I was very happy with this Vegan Kind Beauty Box edition and would recommend purchasing or subscribing. Yes, this months’ box was skin care heavy, but 3 of the products are from brands I know and trust, so I was delighted to have them to play with and test out. Plus TVK have introduced me to Green People (the brand that is, not aliens) and I do like trying new beauty stuff. The Pillow Spray was something a little different for a sub box, and I have loved using it (I do like my sleep!). I haven’t yet found ‘The One’ where Mascara is concerned, maybe Memi will be my Prince Charming?
Did The Vegan Kind curate a good sub box for Oct/Nov? You may disagree (and if you do please share the reasons why you think that) but YES, they did. It’s not often I like EVERYTHING included in a sub box, but with this edition I did, and to be honest, I haven’t received a box from TVK that hasn’t pleased and delighted me, which is why I continue to subscribe.
Thanks for reading, as always, hope you found this useful and that you’ll come back for more, as I upload new and varied beauty related content regularly. Don’t forget to follow and subscribe to entirely-beauty.com and join me over on Insta, Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter and LinkedIn for more content and beauty chat.
Bye for now
My Previous Blog: First Impressions – Kevyn Aucoin
Coming Next: Shopped My Stash October – Part III – Hair Care
The above links are NOT affiliates, they are simply included to help you discover NEW products or gain more info on the products mentioned in this blog.