A tag with a great mix of questions; my answers will let you get to know more about me – welcome to my world 😁
I’ve done a couple of tag posts before for my blog and social media (a ‘read list’ is included at the end of the post), this one comes from the blogging community. Many thanks to LIZ OF WORDS who (indirectly) nominated me. The premise of the tag is that you will learn a little more about me. Yes, I’m gonna take you on a journey of discovery – now buckle up cos this could get bumpy!! 😉
NEW Beauty Content is added to Entirely Beauty on the regular, so please come back soon to enjoy my next beauty blog post.
The Tag Rules:• Thank the person who nominated you
• Answer all the questions
• Ping back to the tag’s original creator – ellyn@allonsythornraxx
• Nominate 5+ Bloggers, you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
I started blogging because I love writing and the written word. My blog also feeds my need to be creative (both with words and images) whilst giving me an outlet for my other passion (addiction!) – all things beauty. As good fortune would have it blogging now ‘justifies’ my rather large (and very much loved) beauty product collection, or as I like to call it, my stash! 😉
My family & friends don’t share (or understand) my love of beauty (until they want to borrow something from my stash, have a problem and need advice or want me to do their makeup hehe). I’m ok with all of that though, and the fact that none of my famalam, mates or colleagues actually know about, let alone read or follow, my blog. With that in mind, when I started blogging, I really hoped it would result in me connecting with, and be able to excitedly talk to other beauty enthusiasts. To that end my blog (and Entirely Beauty’s social media) has led to my ‘meeting’ some really lovely, artistic beauty fanatics, not to mention some fabulous, talented and supportive bloggers. So, blogging? YEAH, what’s not to love? 😍
I’ve kept blogging for the same reason I keep breathing – I have to! 😉 I’ve got a notebook (aka my blogging bible) and in it I’ve written (and continue to write) literally hundreds of ideas for beauty blogs, social media posts and creative imagery. Now, I’m the kinda gal who simply has to see things through to a logical conclusion; which means that for the foreseeable future (and the unforeseeable, given all those ideas) I will keep on bloggerin!
There IS a second reason I keep bloggin; given that none of my family or friends know about/read/follow my blog and I now kinda keep it from them, I’m interested to see if I can grow my following, in a truly organic way. Side note: should you wish to help me in this endeavour by sharing one or two of my posts and or recommending me to your beauty loving or blogtastic friends, that’d be, well … AWESOME.😘 Especially your chatty mates who love to comment, cos I do like connect with my followers and subscribers!
I’m loving doing this type of blog post to be honest! (Cue a plethora of pings notifying me I’ve been nominated in a shed ton of tags 🤣🤣). Usually my blogs take a fair bit of research, cos I check (and double check) everything so as not to misinform or mislead you guys. Sitting down and writing answers to questions about ‘me’, obviously didn’t need any research. It also didn’t require the usual amount of photography or image editing either. I’m enjoying this ‘stream of consciousness’ writing and having had no amount of BTS prep stuff for this tag IS quite freeing.
For ‘subject type‘ it’d be Empties and Subscription Box posts that are my favourite to write. Hopefully my enthusiasm for actually using stuff up and taking delivery of sub boxes is reflected in those posts.
However, ‘style’ wise (as you guys have probably already noticed) I prefer ‘long form’ blog posts. I figure that if you have taken time out to visit Entirely Beauty, the very least I can do is give you good value in return for your time, by including as much info and detail as possible – and I can’t do that in a few sentences.
OK, so I’m the bitch and my blog posts are my pups; I give birth to em’, nurture them, clean ’em up, make them presentable and then let them run from our comfy dog basket into the blogosphere. Working from the premise that the ‘maternal’ instinct I have towards each of my ‘pups’ is strong, this negates the possibility for favouritism and makes this question is a damn tough call. 😁
And as I am obliged to choose three:
- Lacura Hot Cloth Cleansers – First Impressions | Fun to write, great products to use, affordable and this post proved popular with you guys too.
- How to REALLY achieve Younger Looking Skin: Part One & Part Two | These posts were the culmination of lots of trial and error, testing different skincare and methods and eventually finding an all encompassing routine that delivered results!
- James Charles Instant Influencer – An Instant Success? | Unlike my other posts (reviews, first impressions, tutorials, editorials etc) this one was more ‘journalistic’ which made it a bit of a writing adventure – an adventure I loved!
- Reading: I love escaping into other people’s worlds! I have an eclectic taste in genres when it comes to books, including fiction and none fiction. With blogs I gravitate towards beauty (obvs), lifestyle and wellness. I enjoy ‘physical’ magazines, but for news I’m an online reader and the BBC app is my news read of choice.
- I really (really!) love a nice soak in the bath, whilst enjoying a cuppa and watching a YouTube beauty content videos.
- I don’t think you can beat a good walk; I like to explore places, both urban and rural. You know, get out amongst the world, watch people, take in the scenery, blow away the cobwebs and just ‘be’ – that’s relaxing.
- Having a coffee somewhere where I can sit outside, see what’s happening and either have time to be with friends or to just think!
- My family and friends – OK, I know that’s a kinda predictable answer BUT it’s an honest one! I’m sooo lucky to know and be related to some truly exceptional and amazing people and I LOVE spending time with them!
- My Stash and playing with it! I can easily lose myself organising, appraising and using my collection. I honestly don’t know why I’m so beauty besotted; It’s neither a vanity or ‘showing off’ thing (I’m comfortable without makeup and I’m the only person who knows the true extent of my collection). I didn’t just wake up one day and be like “Oh, I think I’ll order a load of makeup and try me a new hobby!” 😁 It just kinda happened. Whatever the reasons, my beauty collection brings me a lot of happiness, indulges my creative side and is ever changing (collection, product and trend wise) so there ain’t much chance of me getting bored!
- Music – like books, I love a whole host of different types of music: Chart stuff, a bit of rap, OG stuff like The Beatles and Queen, an occasional dalience with classical music – pretty much anything and everything, with the exception of Jazz (appologise to any Jazz fans) that’s just not my jam, baby.
“Enjoy your favourite things, cos one day you’ll realise that they were the BIG things.”
Even though I now think it’d definitely benefit from a bit of editing and reworking, I felt quite a sense of achievement and pride when I’d written and published my first blog post Shopped My Stash. It was quite a big step to take; once written it took me a hot minute to hit publish. I was scared that no-one would read it and that if they did, they wouldn’t like it.
This’ll probably sound completely ridiculous given the huge number of followers/subscribers that a many bloggers have, but hitting 50 made me immensely proud. It also made me run around the room fist punching the air and yelling ‘yes!’ like a footy fan whose team have just scored in the world cup. 😁 I know 50 followers isn’t a huge number, but I am so, so, grateful to each and everyone of you!
😗 THANK YOU 😗
Last, but no way least, I feel a sense of pride when someone comments on one of my posts. The fact that you take time out to read what I write blows my mind, but your comments, well, they breathe life into my posts, put a smile on my face and I just love the connections those comments creates.
I have a bit of a thing for learning, probably due to my very positive experiences at college and university; when something interests me I’ll read up on it, watch stuff and find out what I can. Recently I came across a channel on You Tube belonging to a girl who has Dissociative Identity Disorder (people who have D.I.D used to be referred to as having multiple or spilt personalities) and learning more about that subject (along with most things about the human mind) I found really fascinating.
I enjoy both cooking at home and eating out. Great food and good company – is there anything better? I love trying new things, be that foods I haven’t previously sampled, new recipes or places to eat and the wonderful social interactions that come with all that. Whether it’s preparing food for family and/or friends or a leisurely meal out I’m down for it!
Another hobby is gardening: I recently created a ‘Fairy Garden’, complete with various, cute little fairy houses and pretty lights. The plants, which I grew from seeds, are growing nicely and I’m looking forward to having lots of colourful flowers to look at while I enjoy my morning cuppa in the garden.
I’m a Shakespeare fan. As a historical figure I find William very intriguing, I love most of his plays – Henry V, Othello and Hamlet being my favourites and enjoy reading his sonnets. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing The Tempest at the Globe in London, have visited Stratford quite a few times and have enjoyed a number of outdoor performances, of a number of his plays, at various locations in the UK. My favourite Shakespeare performances to date were Henry V at The Stratford Theatre and an amateur production of Hamlet – both of which were such powerful and emotive adaptations that they reduced me to tears!
Here are my nominations – have fun lovely ladies! Please ping back to me so I don’t miss your answers. I’m lookinging forward to getting to know y’all a little better 😁
And YOU (yes, you) if you’d like to!
So, there you have it, I hope you feel you know me a bit better now. 😁 Thanks so much for reading, it means a lot! If you enjoyed this post please give it a ‘like’, if you’d like to help me with my ‘organic growth’ then hit the follow button, and, if you’d like to receive a FREE copy of my mini e-magazine – EB Xtra – and receive a notification each time I publish a new post then please subscribe ⬇️⬇️⬇️
What did you think of this tag – do you like reading and responding to tags like this? Will you be having a go at this tag? (If you don’t have a blog you could respond to the questions in the comments). Did any of my answers suprise you? Are there any other tags you’d like for me to do? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
That’s it from me for this post, thanks for hanging out with me in the blogosphere and until next time, take care.
💋 Entirely Beauty 💋
Did you know I’ve added a NEW Notice Board Page to entirely-beauty.com? Check it out ⬆️here.
The EB Tag Posts Reading ListVisit my blog feed and social media for more entirely beautiful beauty content
Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored and all opinions expressed herein are my own. NONE of the links included in this post are affiliate links. All information derived from outside sources/research was correct at time of publication.